Chemical Peels are one of the most popular and effective non-invasive cosmetic procedures performed to rejuvenate and revitalise the appearance of the skin. Medik8 Skin Peels offer a unique selection of intelligently combined acids to tackle a wide array of skin conditions such as pigmentation, acne and ageing, with minimum irritation but maximum results: Glowing, luminous, hydrated skin!
40mins – £49 – Course of 3 £130
A specially chosen blend of actives provides gentle skin resurfacing without irritation or noticeable peeling. This professional strength enzymatic chemical peel combines with powerful anti-oxidants and amino acids to bring clarity to the complexion. A great choice for those new to peels.
Prescriptive Skin Peels
40mins – £55 – Course of 3 £150
CONSULTATION AND PATCH TEST REQUIRED
After cleanse and skin preparation the peel is applied for up to 10 minutes, neutralised and removed. You will leave the clinic showing minimal signs of treatment. You should allow for some visible side effects for up to 7 days post peel with possible flaking. For best results, a minimum of 3 peels is recommended, approximately 10-14 days apart.
Pre Peel and Aftercare products are required. These are offered at a generously discounted additional cost.
- Medik8 Light Peel – A mild introductory chemical peel for lightly acneic skin, first signs of ageing or light scarring. Carefully selected BHA Salicylic Acid unblocks pores and clears dead surface skin and low percentage L-Mandelic, L-Lactic and Lactobionic Acids reduce lines and wrinkles.
- Medik8 Eye Peel – This peel targets fine lines and wrinkles and improves the tone and plumpness in the delicate eye area using gentle and hydrating L-Mandelic and Lactobionic Acids.
- Medik8 Age Peel – An effective combination of L-Mandelic, L-Lactic and Salicylic Acid to reduce lines and wrinkles and fade away pigmentation and sun damage leaving the skin smooth and renewed.
- Medik8 Beta Peel – Rapidly bring acne under control and dramatically reduce the risk of future scarring with a potent Salicylic, Azelaic, L-Madelic and L-Lactic Acid blend.
- Medik8 White Peel – Target pigmentation and achieve a brighter, more even skin tone using Phytic and L-Lactic Acids to reduce melanin and tyrosinase activity.
- Peels will not be performed on recently resurfaced or sun-exposed skin
- Do not use advanced Skincare Products, exfoliate or have hair removal treatments for at least 48 hours before your peel
- Do not have advanced skin or hair removal procedures for at least 1 week before your peel
- Do read through and agree to the aftercare instructions
Research has shown that the use of topical Vitamins A and C prior to peel treatment maximises the results of skin rejuvenation. To encourage this I offer a PRE PEEL KIT at a generously discounted rate.
Our skins respond differently – whilst some clients will show no immediate signs of treatment, it is also normal to have some redness following a peel. This usually subsides within a couple of hours but could last a few days.
It is normal for your skin to feel tight and dry for a few days, with possible flaking 3-7 days post-treatment. You should allow for some visible side effects for up to 7 days post peel and commit to a dedicated aftercare routine.
- For 3 days post peel, keep your homecare routine simple, using only the Medik8 aftercare products
- Wear minimal makeup (mineral make up is recommended if not possible)
- Keep the skin hydrated (apply product as often as required)
- Ensure all-day protection with your SPF, even when cloudy
- Avoid sun exposure and extreme temperatures
- Do not pick or pull any flaking skin – allow the skin to shed naturally
- Use of AHA/BHA, Retinol or exfoliation products can be gradually resumed into your routine after day 3 if your skin is comfortable to do so
Should you have any concerns post-treatment please don’t hesitate to get in touch.